MSS-SP-119 Belled-End Fittings
- Long Tangent & Extra Long Tangent Fittings
- MSS-SP-119 Belled-End Fittings
- Navy Deck Drains
MSS-SP-119 Pipe Fittings:
Belled end pipe fittings are EASIER to install than conventional buttweld pipe fittings. Wrought socket weld bell end pipe fittings are joined with a standard fillet weld. The same weld would typically be used to join cast socket weld, forged socket weld or slip on fittings and flanges.
Bell End Features
1. Bell end pipe fittings can be welded six times faster, on average, than the standard buttweld fitting.
2. In most cases, only one pass is needed to create a good fillet weld. In addition, nearly all the pre-weld end prep and fit up is eliminated with the bell end pipe fittings.
3. The wrought cold-formed bell end pipe fitting eliminates misalignment and wall thickness mismatch problems that are inherent to welded joints (of buttweld fittings).
4. Less experienced welders can easily produce a good fillet weld using bell end pipe fittings from Bestweld.
Bell End Specifications
Today, cold formed socket weld bell-end pipe fittings are manufactured in accordance with Manufacturers Standardization Society – Standard Practice (MSS SP-119). Belled-end pipe fittings IAW MSS SP119 are equal to ANSI B16.9 standard dimension buttweld pipe fittings in Maximum Allowable Design Internal Pressures. Belled-end pipe fittings and B16.9 buttweld pipe fittings are now code recognized as equal in burst allowances. Testing has proven that belled-end pipe fittings are equal in burst pressure (burst test) and superior in fatigue. Belled-end pipe fittings that have a fillet joint installed in applications with pipe flexing and vibrations, a longer life cycle can be expected. Bestweld’s belled-end pipe fittings are manufactured from finished, annealed and pickled minimum wall seamless and welded pipe depending on the buyers preference and/or requirement). The latest cold forming techniques are used to produce belled end pipe fittings of superior quality and reliability.
Belled End Alloys
Bestweld belled-end pipe fittings are routinely produced and stocked in CRES – stainless steel alloys 304L, 316L, and 321, along with copper nickel alloys (CuNi) 706 (90/10) and 715 (70/30), Titanium Cp Gr. 2, and aluminum (6061,6063). Belled-end pipe fittings in other workable grades of stainless steel and higher nickel alloys are available by special order. Easier to prep, easier to fit and easier to weld, the Bestweld belled-end pipe fitting is the most cost effective pipe fitting in our market place today.
Click the link “MSS-SP-119” to see the Belled-End MSS-SP-119 fittings catalog
- Specification options: MSS-SP-119-1996, MSS-SP-119-2003, MSS-SP-119-2010
- CUSTOM FABRICATION (for example: Heavy Wall fittings (CL700, CL1650, CL3300) and Custom Extra Long Tangent fittings).
2. Sizes (1/2″-12″)
Check out Bestweld’s white paper: “BELL END FITTINGS ARE GAINING FAVOR”